Shaeffer Jacket (V8333): Facing and Lining
The first step in preparing the jacket facing was to stab stabilize my historically widgey wool by fusing it. I would really prefer to have left the fabric alone but left to its own devices it would sag away from the under collar.
I then minimized my seam allowance by cross stitching it down to the tailor’s tape at the collar edge paying special attention to to reducing bulk at the point of the collar.
I then got to break out my lining! The lining fabric is a nice paisley patterned rayon jacquard. I really love the lining, but in my heart of hearts I hoped to find a lining that was a bit more fun and tacky. To satisfy my craving for color I decided to add a little bit of ribbon to the edge between the facing and lining.
Putting in the lining was a huge pain. Every part was a bit tricky and matters weren’t helped much by the extraordinary ability of my rayon to take a crease. Unfortunately, somewhere along the way, my lining ended up being far too big and I had to take out the side back seams to fix it.
After this, I will need to put up the hem, stabilize the shoulder and arm seams, and draft a collar!